Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Seafood Pesto Pasta Salad


I love checking out other blogs on the internet and seeing what recipes that look yummy to me.  This is one of those recipes.  Pasta-check!  Pesto-check! Well, you get the idea...I loved almost the ingredients!  The original recipe from Damn Delicious had tuna instead of the seafood mix.  I like tuna, but I found a great seafood mix at Trader Joe's and knew that would be a good substitution.  Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :)

Seafood Pesto Pasta Salad


Ingredients
·         1 cup elbow pasta
·         1/2 bag frozen seafood mix (bought mine at Trader Joe’s with calamari, scallops, and shrimp- yum!)
·         1/4 cup basil pesto (can make fresh, I used a jarred pesto)
·         1 avocado, diced
·         1/4 cup sliced sun dried tomatoes in oil, drained
·         2 tablespoons sunflower seeds

Directions
Boil water and cook pasta according to package instructions; drain well.  Meanwhile, cook seafood in pan.


In a large bowl, combine the pasta, seafood, pesto, avocado, sun dried tomatoes and sunflower seeds.


4 servings, 9 points a serving

3 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth! So glad I found your LOVELY blog. What a nice way to start my morning. Only wish I could be eating this now instead of going to work. Thank you for sharing with me! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you're enjoying the recipes :) Just checked out your blog and can't wait to read more!!

      Delete
  2. This meal was EPIC. Would be great to bring to a potluck or BBQ.

    ReplyDelete