Friday, May 25, 2012

Pierogi Lasagna

When I saw this recipe on my sorority sister's blog, Eating Well, Getting Skinny, I knew I would be making it asap :)  I love pierogis although I haven't had them since the summer of 2006 when another group of sorority sisters spent the day making them!


I was so excited to make this "lasagna," but I was skeptical that the food would actually taste like a pierogi.  It was delicious and had all the taste elements to bring me back to that day and great memories!


Pierogi Lasagna


Ingredients
1 package no cook lasagna noodles
1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
1/2 cup skim milk
1 1/2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (save 1/4 cheese for end)
2 pounds potatoes (I also included one sweet potato), peeled and diced
1 package frozen cauliflower
½ cup butter
1 onion, sliced
1 package, frozen spinach

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Boil potatoes and cauliflower in large pot, drain when soft and fork can easily piece through potatoes.

In a bowl/pot used for boiling potatoes, mash potatoes and cauliflower with milk and sour cream.  Stir in cheddar cheese and season with salt and pepper.


Meanwhile pan, melt the butter and sauté onions and spinach until translucent.


In a 9 x 13 casserole dish,spread a light layer of the onion/spinach/butter mix on the bottom.  Then layer pasta noodles, butter mix, 1/4 mashed potatoes and repeat.  I also added some extra cheese on top :)


Bake for 30 minutes.

Serves 10, 10 points a serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment