Monday, October 22, 2012

Apple-Pumpkin Pie

Can you tell I love the combination of pumpkin and apple?  This recipe is courtesy of Betty Crocker's cookbook, my lovely mom, and modifications I made with the pumpkin :)

This pie is so delicious!  I sometimes make my own crust, but when I want pie in a hurry, the Pillsbury pie crust is the ticket!

So here's the recipe for my fav pie filling!

Apple-Pumpkin Pie Filling


Ingredients

  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • dash of salt
  • 5 cups, peeled, cored, and sliced apples
  • 1 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1 tbs butter, cut into small pieces.
Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Use refrigerated Pillsbury pie crust.  In large bowl, mix sugar, flour, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt.  Stir in apples and pumpkin.


In 9 inch pie plate, place one piece of pie crust.  Put filling in pie plate.  Dot with butter.  


Cover with top pie crust, with slits added. 


Seal and crinkle edges.  


Put foil around edge.  Remove foil for last fifteen minutes of baking.  Bake until crust is brown and juice bubbles.


7 comments:

  1. YUM!!! This looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy, what kind of apples do you usually use for pies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom uses Cortland, but I use whatever is in my fridge :)

      Delete
  3. Ooh, yummy! I've never seen an apple pumpkin pie before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole (MyLoveForCooking)October 24, 2012 at 9:23 AM

    What a great combo! I will have to give this a try! :)

    ReplyDelete