Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies

In my last Foodie Penpal exchange, the Barefoot Baker gave me some of her favorites from when she studied abroad.  One of those tasty treats was nutella, which is Austin's favorite thing in every country :)

My favorite thing:  peanut butter!  I can eat it with a spoon, on pretzels, well, on almost anything.  Since I'm a good wife, I thought I would combine our two loves!  Enter Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies!  I made the recipe as described, but I did use the best peanut butter ever:  Once Again Nut Butter.  Check out this peanut butter and see if it's a store near you-- organic, delicious, and you'll be supporting the company my cousin works for.

Also, make these cookies- they are great!

Peanut Butter Nutella Swirl Cookies


Ingredients
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1/3 cup Nutella
1/4 cup sugar, for dipping

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients except the Nutella.  Stir until everything is well combined.  Add the Nutella, and stir gently.  You want to incorporate it into the dough, but leave a definite swirl.

Scoop 1 inch balls of dough, and place on a cookie sheet.  Dip fork in the sugar, and gently press down on the balls of dough to create the cross marks.  Bake for 10 -12 minutes.  Cool slightly on the cookie sheet for a couple minutes before removing to a wire rack.

P.S. I made a peanut butter frosting to dip these cookies in that was the perfect addition- stayed tuned for that recipe!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good old nutella. I love it and I think it makes most everything better. Thank you for sharing! This was a delicious way to start my day. I hope you are having a joyful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! PB and Nutella! What a great classic combo. I eat Nutella almost everyday and I still don't get tired of it. I'm trying to add biscoff these days to change up a bit. Thanks for sharing the delicious cookie recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally speaking my language, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like an awesome recipe and I'm surprised it doesn't even need butter or oil or anything. That's probably a good thing! I definitely need to try these!

    ReplyDelete