Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lemon Cake

My favorite dessert growing up was lemon cake- I always thought it was such a complicated dessert, probably because it was made in a bunt pan.  When I started making it myself, I realized that it was so simple but super delicious!

Lemon Cake


Ingredients
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package Jello lemon instant pudding
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons lemon juice

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour bunt pan (I spray Pam liberally all over bunt pan, then sprinkle flour all over it to cover each surface.  Turn pan over and shake out excess flour).  Mix yellow cake, pudding mix, eggs, oil, and 1 cup water.  Put in bunt pan evenly and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick/fork comes out of the cake cleanly.


Let cool for about 15 minutes.  Turn cake over and release onto large serving plate.  This part is the hardest because you want to make sure that the cake comes out all at one, so some cake doesn't stick to the pan.



Mix sugar and lemon juice and drizzle over cake while the cake is still warm.

Are you craving a piece too?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment