Monday, October 8, 2012

Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups

When I told Austin I was making Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups, he asked if I wanted to throw some more ingredients in the title.  Yeah, I guess the title is a mouthful, but what do you leave out?  Each piece is important to the recipe, and I think it all goes well together!!  I adapted the recipe from Happy Healthy Mama, and it's a great combination of breakfast and dessert!

Chocolate, Peanut Butter, and 
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal Cups


Ingredients
2 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup skim milk
1 egg
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup strawberries, cut into small pieces
1/4 cup peanut butter chips 

Directions
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.  Grease muffin tin or use muffin liners.

In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder.  Add the milk, egg, and maple syrup.  Stir well.  Add in the strawberries and peanut butter chips.

Divide the mixture evenly among muffin cups.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  


Great to eat right away, or you can freeze and eat later!


6 comments:

  1. Yum! I am always looking for delicious eats for the road since I have a long commute to work. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a unique concept. I'd love to try them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love long titles...means your recipe is full of good things! Thank you for sharing! I'm already eating breakfast...but I'm now hungry for a second round! I hope you have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehee your husband looks so happy! I'd be smiling too if I get to eat this! :D

    ReplyDelete