Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pumpkin Apple Muffins

I heart fall.  I love everything about it-- mostly, I like baking with apples and pumpkin!  This is one of my favorite dessert recipes of my mom's, and I'm so excited to share it (and also adapted to make it a little healthier).  I eat these muffins for breakfast, snacks, dessert, and everything in between.  I actually try to give them away, so I don't eat them all :)

Pumpkin Apple Muffins


Ingredients

  • 1.5 cups whole wheat flout
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 cups apple, peeled, cored, and sliced into small chunks
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Add muffin liners to muffin tins (about 18).

Combine dry ingredients.  Add eggs, pumpkin, and oil.  Stir until moist, and stir in apples. 


Spoon mixture into muffin tins.  Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.


3 weight watchers points per muffin.

5 comments:

  1. Bursting with fall goodness! I always have to give away my pumpkin muffins too. Because I could easily eat the whole batch! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. L-O-V-E. These look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you know I just bought apples & pumpkin last night at the grocery store in hopes of finding a relatively healthy recipe to make us a treat?? xoxo Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these! They look delicious, and what is better than fall in muffin form?

    ReplyDelete