Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Italian Veggies

Austin and I came home from the gym last night (Yes- we are going to the gym- hurray!), and we had no idea what we were going to make for dinner.  I don't do well without plans, and all Austin wanted was pasta.  As you know, there is nothing I LOVE more than a carb-filled plate of pasta, but wouldn't that negate my workout at the gym??

I thought so, hence a compromise.  We would make pasta but it would only be half a meal.  I rummaged around my fridge full of veggies and found a great way to add to the pasta :)


The pasta was whole-grain penne with Trader Joe's vodka sauce- so yummy!

Italian Veggies


Ingredients
2-3 summer squash, sliced
3-4 red potatoes, sliced
1 onion, chopped
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs Balsamic vinegar
basil, oregano, Italian seasoning

Directions
Coast pan with olive oil.  Cook onions, potatoes, squash, and spices until onions are translucent and potatoes can be pierced with a fork.  Drizzle with balsamic.

Serves 4, 4 points a serving.

And here's the amazing thing-- while my dinner was still Points Plus friendly, I was too full to finish my plate.  AND, I stopped eating instead of stuffing myself- that's progress :)



4 comments:

  1. I love pairing veggies and pasta! Your dinner looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We often end up with just pasta only, but this Italian veggie dish sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nami- I felt healthier (just a little) that there was something other than carbs on my plate :)

      Delete