Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Oatmeal Topped Peach Cobbler


From the CSA this week came a huge container of peaches.  I'm not a fan of peaches on their own (I know, I'm weird), but I love them in a good cobbler.  This recipe is even good with the cobbler cold, but at its best right out of the oven!

Oatmeal Topped Peach Cobbler


Ingredients
6 cups fresh or frozen peach slices, peeled and pitted
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1 Tablespoon lemon juice
1 cup whole wheat flour *listed again so not have to separate originally
3/4 cup brown sugar *
3/4 cup rolled oatmeal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 stick butter, cold, cut in 8 pieces

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9 x 9 baking dish and set aside.

In a large bowl, combine peaches with 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 flour and lemon juice.  Spread in baking dish and set aside.

Combine 1 cup flour, 3/4 cup brown sugar, oatmeal and cinnamon in food processor, and pulse until blended.  With the food processor running, add cold butter a few pieces at a time. 

Spread topping ingredients evenly over the peaches, sprinkle with oatmeal, and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.


Serves 8, 6 points a serving.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to explore this in an apple format in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lots of fresh peaches that are ready to use, and I bought oatmeal for the first time! I'm not sure if rolled oats and oatmeal are the same... I need to check out the differences. But your cobbler recipe sounds delicious! I have eaten cobbler at restaurants but I need to make my own this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's Mr. Quaker on the front, I think you could still use them :) It seems close enough...let me know what you find out!

      Delete