Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken

I am in Utah right now for work, but before I went to the airport back in Virginia, I left Austin a little present to come home to after work :)  Yes, I made him dinner!

We both love rotisserie chicken, and this recipe from laaloosh gave the great taste of a rotisserie oven but in a crock pot.  Genius.  Austin sent me the picture of his dinner-- only problem was that the chicken fell off the bone (only a problem for pictures!), so he tried to piece it back together :)


Crock Pot Rotisserie Chicken


Ingredients
1 whole chicken
1/2 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tbs paprika
1 tbs minced onion
1 tbs garlic powder
1 tbs cajun seasonings
2 bay leaves
salt & pepper to taste

Directions
Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, combine paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, cajun seasoning, and salt & pepper. Rub chicken all over with seasoning, and place in a shallow baking dish.

Place chicken under broiler for about 10 minutes or until skin begins to darken and crisp. Remove from oven and transfer to crock pot. Add broth and bay leaves, and cover. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.

Serves 8, 3 Weight Watchers points a serving.

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing!!! I love Rotisserie Chicken! I'm going to make it this Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! And so simple too! And there is nothing wrong with chicken falling off the bone in my book! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete