Sunday, October 7, 2012

Care Packages

This week is devoted to baked goods and care packages!!  I participated in My Love for Cooking's online bakesale, and my sister-in-law (a freshman in college) indicated that she wanted me to send her some goodies after she saw the peanut butter nutella cookies.  So I had a lot of baking to do!!

Here's what I made:
-Strawberry shortcake cookies
-Strawberry banana muffins
I love this picture and my new, amazing camera :)
-Chocolate, peanut butter, and strawberry baked oatmeal cups (I know, crazy long name!)
-Applesauce oatmeal cookies with maple glaze

The last two recipes I haven't made before on the blog, so they will appear this week.

While I made packages for the bakesale and my sister-in-law, I also decided to send my sister a package in California (she is also a college freshman).  I, of course, waited to bake until mid afternoon, so I was waiting on cookies in the oven well into the evening.  But it was worth it, especially when I get I get tagged on facebook with this picture:


Here's a line-up of the pictures of my packing-- I loved sending out the care packages.  Only problem- I was left with way too many cookies and muffins that I had to eat :)

The boxes ready to get packed

My awesome cards for the sisters!

Package for one sister

Package for another :)





4 comments:

  1. Hi Elizabeth...there is nothing as comforting as a care package. Thank you for sharing...and for making this cold October morning a little warmer. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monet- you always have the sweetest comments. Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My brother is a freshman in college too, and sending him a care package is on my to-do list. I love the looks of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sisters are SO lucky to have you as a sister. I have a younger brother and he is not getting anything baked from me and I won't either... :D Very thoughtful and kind homemade gift. :)

    ReplyDelete