Friday, October 5, 2012

Apple BBQ Chicken

Crock pot season is here- hurray!  I printed out this recipe in July and have been holding onto it for the right moment.  Last weekend was that time-- nothing is better than smelling dinner cooking in the crockpot all day.  Don't you agree?

Apple BBQ chicken is a great combo between local fruits and your favorite BBQ sauce.  It can even be Weight Watcher's friendly, thank to Hungry Girl.

Apple BBQ Chicken



Ingredients
1 lb raw boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
3 cups chopped apples, I did a variety of apples in my fridge, red and green alike
1 large onion, chopped
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (we used Sweet Baby Ray's)
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch

Directions
Season chicken with 1/4 tsp each salt and black pepper and place in a crock pot. Top with apples and onion.  Mix garlic and BBQ sauce in a bowl (I mixed it in my mini food processor).  Pour sauce mixture over contents of the crock pot, and lightly stir.



Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 7 to 8 hours.  Turn crock pot to low (if needed). In a small bowl, stir to dissolve cornstarch in 1 tbsp cold water. Stir mixture into the contents of the crock pot, along with remaining salt and pepper.  Let food sit until it's thickened-- about 10 minutes.

It makes great leftovers too!

Serves 6, 6 WW Points per serving

3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I love crockpot recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM! I love slow cooker recipes like they are going out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last week! A big hit with Jon and one of my co-workers that was over for dinner.

    ReplyDelete