Sunday, October 14, 2012

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes

It's the weekend- yay!  Time to make a good family breakfast :)  This weekend I experimented with pancakes and apples since I have apples coming out of my ears.  The apples are from our CSA, and I have no idea what kind is which, but I know they're all delicious.

Anyone want to tell me know about apples and which kinds are best for making certain kinds of foods?  In the meantime, I'll use whatever apples I grab first out of the fridge :)

Oh, and now-- let's talk about my new, fabulous gadget!!!  It suction cups to your counter, so it doesn't move.  When you attached the apple, the gadget peels, slices, and cores your apple while you turn a crank.  It is the best thing ever!!!!




Now onto these delicious pancakes!!!

Apple Cinnamon Pancakes


Ingredients

  • 1 apple, peeled, cored, and sliced
  • 1/2 tsp nutmeg
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup milk
  • 2 tbs oil
  • 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tbs sugar
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Directions
Combine all ingredients except apple.  Fold in apple pieces.

Heat griddle/frying pan, and spray heated pan with cooking spray.  Spoon 1/2 to 1 cup of pancake mix on pan and cook.  When done, top with your favorite pancake accessories.

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, yes, yes! I love pancakes and apples so this is like a match made in heaven. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great stuffs!

    http://e07.net/blog-commenting-service/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apple pancakes - I'm sold. Perfect for fall. I have what feels like a thousand honey crisp apples at home!!

    ReplyDelete