Monday, January 30, 2012

Shrimp and Quinoa Salad

Quinoa is one of my favorite foods!  It was introduced to me when I was visiting my friend, Amanda, in Seattle, and I was hooked.  I used to have Austin bring me up quinoa from the Trader Joe's in Williamsburg until I moved here and could stock up on my own :)

As a result, I try to find any recipe that will let me use quinoa.  There is a problem, unfortunately, with my favorite food.  It's very high in points :( so I love even more when I find quinoa in my Weight Watchers recipes!

This is adapted from Weight Watchers online.  Instead of the veggies they suggested, I used a package of frozen veggies I got at Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart has a fantastic selection of mixed vegetables, and I like trying all the different kinds.  The asparagus mix was a rousing success.



Shrimp and Quinoa Salad




Ingredients

Instructions

  • Cook quinoa according to package instructions, with adding the vegetable mix in the water and quinoa.  Let cool after cooking.

  • Combine lemon juice, broth, oil, dill, salt and black pepper in a cup; stir well. Pour oil mixture over salad and toss gently but well. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving. 7 points a serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment