Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tilapia Masala with Rice

For about the last two years (maybe longer), I have been exchanging e-mails with two of my great friends-- Amanda and Trish.

(L to R) Elizabeth, Amanda, and Trish at Amanda's Wedding :)
It's been so great to keep in touch and use each other to share successes, vent about life, and everything else in between.  Both are also wonderful cooks and have been such a good support system with my Weight Watchers.  They are often sending me recipes to try out, and tonight was one of those recipes.

I thought it was great-- I loved the flavors, but Austin was less than impressed (didn't care for the yogurt flavor).  He said he would eat it if I make it again, and I think I will; it was that good in my opinion.

Tilapia Masala with Rice



Ingredients

Instructions

  • Cook rice to directions. When cooked, add peas. Set aside. 

  • Puree 1/2 cup yogurt, the garlic, ginger, lime juice, cumin, cayenne and 3/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor. Transfer all but 3 tablespoons of the mixture to a large bowl. 

  • Pierce the fish a few times with a fork and season with salt; add to the bowl and toss. Marinate 15 minutes. Preheat the broiler. Place the fish on a broiler pan; top with the marinade and butter. Broil until opaque, 6 to 8 minutes. 

  • Mix the remaining 1/4 cup yogurt, the cilantro, and salt to taste with the yogurt mixture. Serve the fish and rice with the yogurt sauce.  8 points a serving.


1 comment:

  1. GIRRRRRL, its definitely been over 2 years. I'd say 3.5 by now since I started emailing like a crazy person when I started chemspec.

    nommmmy tiliapia!

    xoxo love you liz!

    ReplyDelete