Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Zucchini Tots

Last week, we got our first CSA produce for the season.  I was so excited!  I knew I was going to make chicken for dinner the night we picked up the produce, but I didn't know what else I was going to add to the meal.  I had to wait until the basket came home....no plan for a complete meal makes me nervous...

When the CSA basket came, there were so many goodies; I had no idea what to choose to make as the side dishes.  I decided on fresh green beans with almonds and zucchini tots from Emily Bites.  Getting all these fruits and veggies each week will definitely keep me on my toes when it comes to cooking, but I'm looking forward to eating more fresh foods this summer :)

Zucchini Tots


Ingredients
1 cup shredded zucchini, or 1 medium to large zucchini (using grated)
¼ onion, chopped
1 egg
¼ cup dry bread crumbs (Italian seasoned bread crumbs)
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 tsp salt 
1 tsp pepper

Directions
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a 12 cup mini muffin pan with cooking spray.

Combine all ingredients.  Fill the 12 muffin cups evenly and press down the filling to make compact.


Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the tops are beginning to turn golden. Run a knife around each cup to help the tots come out.

I LOVED these tots- Austin was sad they weren't made of potatoes, but that could be for next time :)


Each tot is 1 point- score!

No comments:

Post a Comment