Thursday, June 28, 2012

Chicken Broccoli Braid


Of all the kitchen supply parties, I think Pampered Chef serves the best food :)  I've never actually been to one, but I've sat in enough kitchens behind the scenes and helped prepare food.  My favorite recipe of the bunch is the Chicken Broccoli Braid.  I love it, and could eat it all the time.  Since Austin doesn't like dill and mayo (mayo isn't the best healthy option either...), I decided to change the flavor profile a bit with pesto and Greek yogurt.  I also only used 1 package of Crescent rolls instead of two since one roll is three points!

The results were great!!  It's not quite a casserole, but it is a complete meal all in one.  Hope you all like it too :)

Chicken Broccoli Braid





Ingredients
1   cup chopped broccoli florets
2   cups chopped cooked chicken breasts, about 2 chicken breasts
1/2   cup diced red pepper (I used a frozen mix)
1   cup shredded cheddar cheese, reduced fat
1/2   cup low-fat Greek yogrt
1   garlic clove, pressed
1   Tbs pesto mix
1/4   tsp salt
1   pkg reduced fat Crescent Rolls (Pillsbury is the best)
1   egg white, lightly beaten
2   tbsp slivered almonds

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine broccoli, chicken, pepper, cheese, yogurt, pesto, pressed garlic, almonds, and salt.

Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.  Unroll one package of the crescent dough and push the perforated edges back together.

Spread filling evenly over center of dough.  Do not push filling to ends of dough. Cut matching strips of dough down the sides of the filling.


To braid, lift dough strips across filling to meet in center, twisting each strip one turn. Brush egg white over dough.


Bake 25-28 minutes or until deep golden brown


Serves 6, 7 points a serving.

2 comments:

  1. Um, this looks fabulous. I wonder what would happen if you used a pie crust instead of crescent rolls. Do the crescent rolls get soggy at all, or does it hold up to the mixture? I guess this is kind of a spin on quiche.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crescent roll doesn't get soggy, even with leftovers! I think pie crust would be fine too :)

      Delete