Thursday, June 7, 2012

Pecan-Crusted Mahi Mahi

I love seafood, and we like trying all different kinds of fish.  Trader Joe's didn't have any trout (that's what the original Weight Watchers recipe called for), so we thought mahi mahi would be a great substitution.  It was :)  This recipe was such a quick and easy dinner; perfect for our busy schedule!


And in some weight loss news, there is nothing exciting going on at the scale (I gained 2.4 pounds after a week of eating really poorly and then lost the same amount this week- so even on the scale), but someone at WW did point out that she could not see my collar bone.  Wait-- I had a collar bone?!?  Yay!!  I may not be losing pounds as quickly as I want to but at least I'm looking a little skinny and people can see the collar bone where it was once hidden :)  It's the small things, but I'll take it!!!!


Pecan-Crusted Mahi Mahi



Ingredients
Cooking spray
1/2 cup uncooked old fashioned oats    
1/4 cup chopped pecans     
2 Tbsp Cajun seasoning (we used Rendevous special spices)
1/4 cup skim milk     
1 large egg white, beaten     
1 pound mahi mahi (this ended up being two large filets that we cut in half)   
1 bag fresh spinach, steamed and mixed with lemon juice, salt, and pepper.


Instructions
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.

Combine oats, pecans and seasoning in a resealable plastic bag; seal and shake well.


Mix milk and egg white in a shallow bowl. Dip fillets into egg white mixture. Place mahi mahi in bag and shake until well coated with oat mixture.


Place fish in pan and bake for 10 minutes. Serve each fillet with 1/4 of spinach. 



Serves 4, 7 points a serving.

4 comments:

  1. I totally want to make this for my nana! She hearts pecans (being from GA and all!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had pecan crusted fish before but this looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete