Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day M&M Cookies

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I love my mom and her baking, and in celebration of my love of her cookies-- I made her famous chocolate cookies for Valentine's Day.  I didn't calculate the points value of the cookies until after I made them since I know some of the ingredients are not the best (aka Butter Flavored Crisco)-- surprisingly, each cookie is only 3 points.  One batch makes about 50 cookies, and I used a small to medium scoop to make sure they were all close to the same size.


I love using M&M's instead of chocolate chips for any holiday because it's an easy way to make things festive.  I had grand ambitious for heart shaped cookies, but I decided my mom's cookie recipe was a perfect substitute.  

Hope you all have a Happy Valentine's Day! 

xoxo,
Elizabeth

Valentine's Day M&M Cookies


Ingredients

Instructions

  • Preheat oven at 375 degrees. Mix Crisco, sugar, brown sugar, vanilla. Add eggs and mix. Add baking soda, salt, and mix. Add flour, bag of chocolate chips, and mix. Scoop cookies to evenly spaced air-baked cookies sheets.  Bake 9-10 minutes .

No comments:

Post a Comment