Thursday, February 9, 2012

Satisfying a Pasta Craving

I love pasta.  Plain and simple.  I grew up in a household where we had pasta as the main dish or the side dish practically every night.  I struggle with weight watchers, particularly since I crave pasta more than any other food (although chocolate sometimes takes a close second).  My problem is that there are too many points in the amount of pasta that I need (well, need might be an overstatement, but you get the idea).

While wandering around Trader Joe's, I found whole wheat gnocchi in the refrigerated section.  1/2 of a pretty good sized container of gnocchis is only 6 points, and if you're ever had gnocchis, you know that they are pretty filling.  I was psyched to bring them home and test them out!

I paired them with my favorite (and cheap) spaghetti sauce-- Francisco Rinaldi.  I stock up on them when they are 10 for $10.  We cooked the gnocchi a little too long, so the pasta was a little gooey than I preferred, but it definitely hit the spot.

We also added a piece of Texas Toast for each of us (it was in the freezer from our pre-Weight Watchers days, and you can't let good Texas Toast go to waste.  A perfect and simple Sunday dinner.


Point Values- Gnocchi 6, Sauce 4, Texas Toast 4, Parmesan Cheese 1.  

No comments:

Post a Comment