Friday, February 10, 2012

Trader Joe's Brownies

One of my favorite things to do is to bake.  When I'm stressed and have lots to do, baking calms and centers me.  And it's only after I have baked something delicious that I can focus on the other million tasks at hand.  Between work, school, wedding planning, taking care of my house, etc, I had bake tonight.  I also love baking because I have great memories in the kitchen baking with my mom.  Even as a little girl, she always let me be her helper.


With Weight Watchers, I find it difficult to bake savory sweets that are also low in points, so when I saw this brownie mix at Trader Joe's, I threw it in my cart immediately.  


I was very skeptical of the mix-- can fat free anything really be good?  But it was worth of shot to see they were halfway decent.  It also didn't hurt that the brownies were easy to make, just combine the mix with yogurt.  The recipe calls for non-fat vanilla yogurt, but I had half a container of regular non-fat yogurt left in the fridge from the Talapia Masala, so I used that instead.


It's 3 points a brownie using an eight inch pan-- I used a larger pan for 18 brownies.  Now only 2 points a brownie!! And the brownies were delicious.  They tasted more like cake than a typical brownie, but had an awesome chocolaty taste.

They (because I had 2 instead of 1) hit the spot, and I am so excited to have found a great treat that doesn't bust my point bank.

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the boxed brownie mix concept! I have a different favorite box mix, but you'll have to watch my blog in the near future to see which one it is! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete