It was perfect! People raved over this chili I adapted from A Spicy Perspective. They loved it so much they shamed me when I forgot to bring the recipe the next week. So here it is-- on the blog and in their inboxes. I hope you enjoy it as much as they do. It is super tasty (and vegan to boot)!
- 1 Tbs. Olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 spicy pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 ears corn, shucked and cut off the cob
- 2 Tbs. cornmeal
- 15 oz. cans cannellini (white) beans, drained
- 15 oz. cans kidney (red) beans, drained
- 2 – 15 oz. cans diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 Tbs. ground cumin
- 2 Tbs. chile powder
- 2 tsp. salt
- Black pepper to taste
1. Add the oil to a large pot and set over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes.
3. Add the peppers, sweet potatoes, corn, celery, and cornmeal. Stir and saute another 8-10 minutes.
4. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir well.
5. Cover, lower the heat, and simmer for approximately 20 minutes, until the sweet potatoes are soft.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 35 minutes
Number of servings 8
6 WW P+ a serving **to reduce points, substitute black beans for kidney beans, now 5 points a serving