Friday, April 6, 2012

Strawberry Banana Muffins

When I came home last night, I saw that I had two bananas getting close to past their prime, so I decided to make something with them.  I perused Pinterest, and I found a great recipe from Sweet Peas Kitchen.  It includes two of my favorite fruits:  strawberries and bananas, and it can serve as a great breakfast in the car on the way to work or a dessert.  

Since today is Good Friday, I thought a meat free and spring recipe was in order.  I even made the cupcakes in Easter egg cupcake liners :)  Enjoy and happy spring!

Strawberry Banana Muffins



Ingredients
1/2 stick butter  
 3/4 cup packed brown sugar  
 2 large eggs
 1 tsp vanilla extract  
 2 large bananas  
 1 cup unsweetened frozen strawberries (or fresh)  
 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour  
 1 1/2 tsp baking powder  
 1/4 tsp baking soda  
 1 tsp ground cinnamon  
 1/2 tsp table salt  

Yummy batter!


Instructions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin liners.

Melt butter in microwave and set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, egga, vanilla, mashed banana. Add melted butter and stir to combine.

 In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, salt. Fold in wet, chopped strawberries, making sure they are coated with flour. Combine wet and dry ingredients.

Divide batter evenly into 12 muffine cups. Bake 20-24 minutes.

Serves 12, 6 points a muffin.

No comments:

Post a Comment