Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

We went over to my Aunt and Uncle's house last Saturday night, and my Aunt made an amazing meal.  It started off with her famous deep dish pizza (she makes it every Christmas Eve, so I was thrilled to eat this special treat).

The for dessert, she made chocolate covered strawberries and even had plays of Girl Scout Cookies-- Thin Mints and Somoas.  Yum!

I love that my I have family about an hour away, and even though I don't get to see them as much as I would like, it's so wonderful when we do get together!

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza


Ingredients
- Pizza dough (my aunt made homemade!!)
- Mozzarella cheese (lots of it)
- Jar of pizza/spaghetti sauce
- Parmesan shaker cheese
- Toppings for pizza (we had 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 with banana peppers and mushrooms, but you could put in anything you want)

Directions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Split pizza dough into two balls.  Roll first ball flat to cover bottom of pizza pan.  Spray deep dish pizza pan with cooking spray and lay flat pizza dough over top.  Add layer of mozzarella cheese.  Layer toppings and layer another layer of cheese.  Roll second ball of dough and cover pizza.  Cook for about 25 minutes in oven.  Take out of oven, spread pizza sauce over pizza, and cook for 10-15 minutes.  Take pizza out of oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, and cook until cheese is bubbly.


Thanks for sharing your recipe, Aunt Karen!

No comments:

Post a Comment