Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Weigh-in Week One and a Favorite/Easy Dinner

Today was my first official Weight Watchers weigh-in (at least time around), and I was down 2.6 pounds...yay!  It's probably only water weight, but I'm happy nonetheless.

When I got home, all I wanted to do was a make a trusty old favorite for dinner, and it's also very health conscious :)  I originally found a version of the recipe on a calendar for my oil hear company and adapted it to things I had in the pantry.  It's one of my favorites.  Hope you enjoy it too!

Polenta with Shrimp and Tomatoes 


Ingredients
1 Bag Frozen Shrimp- uncooked, detailed, and deveined
1 Large Can Diced Tomatoes with Basil and Oregano
1 Tube Polenta (I got mine at Trader Joe's)
2 Cloves Garlic, Chopped
1/2 tbs Basil
2 tsp Sugar
Garlic Salt
Olive Oil
Grated Parmesan Cheese

In frypan, cook shrimp in pan until shrimp is bright pink.  While cooking, sprinkle with healthy dose of garlic salt.

In saucepan, coat pan with oil over medium-high heat.  Add garlic and cooked until browned.  Add can of diced tomatoes, sugar, and garlic.  Boil and then simmer on low.

Cut tube of polenta into 1/2 inch circle.  Pan fry with olive oil.

Serve layered (from bottom to top) with polenta, tomato sauce, and shrimp.  Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.

I forgot to take a picture of this awesome meal because I was so hungry!  It's easy to make, and I will serve left-over tomato sauce over whole wheat for an additional meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment